Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Mickey!


Our wonderful dog Mickey turns 10!!

Can't believe she is getting that old. She gets around pretty good, a lot slower than she used to. Unfortunately, she is developing some arthritis and has a little gimp her her walk, especially when the weather turns cold, but she still loves to run after the frisbee and go for walks!! It makes me sad to see her slowing down, I remember her as a pup and we couldn't tire her out no matter how hard we tried. It makes me very sad to realize we don't have that many years left with her. I dread the day something happens to her. She has been the best dog ever, always by our side and running with all of us in the yard, following us around the house, and always right behind me when I am cooking dinner-hoping just maybe I will drop something so she can eat it right up!
Here she is in her favorite spot, laying in the walkway between the kitchen and living room.
Right in the way, but not in the way:) We are all so used to stepping over her we don't even notice it anymore. She likes to be where she can see everything and be right among us. Such a beautiful dog, we love her to death!! She really is the best dog ever!!

1 comment:

mom said...

What a good dog she has been. Love the pic of her and the kids.
xoxo mom