April 1st, 7:30 Am
Skylar wakes me up: "Mom, there is an egg in the middle of the living room floor".
Me (a little puzzled): "There is?"
Skylar, grinning from ear to ear: "Just kidding. Happy April Foods Day!"
That little stinker got me, bright and early in the morning.
We had been talking about April Fools Day the day before, about playing tricks on one another. Skylar thought we had been saying April Foods Day. Later today when I said 'April Fools Day' (about everyone taking a nap), a light bulb went off and she said, 'Oh, I thought it was April Foods Day'.
Doesn't matter. She got the gist of it, she knew what to do. And she got me. Gave me a taste of my own medicine. Maybe she is just like me after all.
Cracked me up!
3 comments:
Love it! Too bad that snake wansn't an April Fools joke - I hate those things!
I don't know why it says Anonymous, it was me! Gosh!
How funny, She is quite the little teaser. (April foods day would work also but, what kind of food would be funny?)
love ya, mom
Post a Comment