We had our 1st big blizzard of the year and received 10 inches of snow!! It snowed for almost 2 days!! Some parts of our yard you could still see the grass, other parts we had drifts 4 feet tall!!
Jaden didn't have school for 2 days, it was so great to have her home with us, felt like a little mini vacation:) Haven't seen a storm like this in years, it was awesome.
I really do love the snow, it is beautiful and a white Christmas is always a must for me. Now, if they could just get those roads completely cleared for me, life would be good. Until then, we will just hunker down in our home and stayed put.
Even with the cold temps, the kids have enjoyed getting outside to play in the snow. Realized AGAIN that I need to get myself some snow pants, it would keep me much warmer. Isn't it amazing how kids are not affected by the cold like we are?? I remember playing for hours as a kid outside and the cold didn't bother me. Now? It is a different story, I have turned into a weeny and can't get warm enough.
But, the kids had fun playing in the 'big' hill in front of our house. We are going to take them sledding this weekend. I love taking them sledding and hearing their screams and laughs as they go down the hill, then tumble off the sleds. The joys of childhood.
The other thing we got done during these snow days is we got our gingerbread house all decorated. It am pretty sure it is the most colorful gingerbread house in town!! Each of the kids picked out a color of frosting they wanted, then they piled the candy on it.
Yummy, good enough to eat!
2 comments:
WOW what a colorful house. I bet the kids had a great time. Looks like you were really busy those couple of days.
Great fun in the snow!!!
Love the pics.
love ya, mom
I love the gingerbread house!!! Awesome!
I can tell who decorated each side ;) Very very cute.
Looks like they loved the snow-day, too. Isn't it great to get a day with them like that? It's like a get out of jail free card.....
:)
xoxoxo!
Post a Comment