Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Cael!!

Happy 3rd Birthday Buddy!!

Hard to believe my baby boy turned 3 today. How did that happen?? Again, time is going way to fast. 3 years ago, this baby boy came into our lives and totally surprised us from the beginning-1st: he was a boy. Tad was soooo convinced he was a girl. And 2nd: he weighed just under 10 lbs (and I was still in 1 piece)! Amazing, I know. He was born on a beautiful afternoon, I do believe it was the 3rd quarter of an Iowa game on TV. And, he was the most beautiful baby boy I had ever laid eyes on. I had me a boy! Don't know what I would do now without this little dude in my life! He is amazing and so full of energy!

We had a wonderful day. Started the day with watching 2 of his favorite movies-John Deere Tractors and Cars. I swear, this kid has an engine in his head. He is all about trucks, tractors, trains, diggers, skid loaders. You name it, if if has an engine, he loves is (especially if it has a trailer to pull, even better!!) After the morning was over, we headed to McDonald's for lunch, where he got another car in his Happy Meal. Then, we headed to the park for some sun and fun!

Once Daddy and Jaden got home, we got down to the presents and then some cake and ice cream. He got some good presents, more trucks/diggers of course, but very excited about a Big Boy Bike!! I have a feeling he will wear these tires out! Can't wait to take it for a bike ride tomorrow.

Overall, what a wonderful day we had. Can't believe my boy is 3. Some more great news is that he is getting this potty training thing down. Got the peeing down, he stays dry all day. Now, we are still working on going #2 in the potty. I don't think it will be to much longer. He has been telling me for 2 months that when he is 3, he will poop and pee on the potty. He was right!

2 comments:

kim said...

Happy Birthday Cael!!!
Your are growing up so fast....... stay little just a little longer Bubs...

Love this post. What a perfect little surprise he was. Can you even imagine our lives without him? I can't....

xoxoxo!!

mom said...

Hope he had a wonderful birthday. Love the cake!!!! It is so Cael.
Love ya, mom